My First Nomination

My first nomination for a Lovely Blog Award is from Jenny at Owl Things First. She says I'm kind and have great content on my blog. I think it is cause we both love owls. (Insert smiley face here.) Thanks Jenny for your sweet words and encouragement! Besides owls, we do have other things in common. Visit her by clicking below:

 

Then Mrs. Sheehan notified me that she also was giving me an award as well! How sweet! We started blogging around the same time! Visit her by clicking below:
 
 
What is the award about? Not really sure, but I think we get to know one another a little bit better and get some recognition. That's fun! The awards look a little something like these. I wonder who started this off??
 

So here are the requirements of what I need to do, if I want to play along.

  • Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
  • Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
  • Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
  • Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
  • Hmm... what seven possibly unknown things can I share about myself? #1. I spent the past year working on a Marathon to Couch Potato plan. Before last year, I considered myself a runner for the previous 12 years. I typically had a race every month varying from 5ks up to marathons. Now, I am content running my 2 miles- it is just too hot in the summers!
    #2. To jumpstart my back to being healthy this summer, I participated in my first 3 day cleanse. I ordered some juices from Pressed Juicery. I wasn't hungry during this, because I had lots to drink, but I didn't like the green drink I chose- too tangy for me! Next time, if I do it again, I will chose Greens#1 without the lemon. My favorites were the almond milk and grapefruit mint.


    #3. I love to cook. My sweet husband bought me a pasta maker for my Kitchen Aid earlier this year. We had fun making fresh pasta together. Now I want to attemp making ravioli. I need a good recipe for the filling. Does anyone have one?

    #4. I dream of hiking the Appalachian Trail. This came about when I took a trip with my co-workers one fall break. My co-workers included the dean of students, the principal, one of our P.E. coaches, and one teacher with her husband. The rest of us were in another cabin- full of female teachers. We had a great time hiking and visiting Ruby Falls!

    #5. I used to speak 2 languages fluently, and others... but at a survival level. These languages include English, French, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Arabic. I think I tend to pick up vocabulary pretty easily in other languages, but I tend to be shy when practicing. I think this has to do with my traveling experiences and where I have lived.

    #6. I went to my sophomore, junior, and senior proms at this castle:


    It is Château d'Aigle. Funny to think about back then, because my senior friends and I wanted to have our prom somewhere else by that 3rd year!

    #7. When I graduated from high school, I wanted to join the Peace Corps and be in Africa. Well, that did not happen. Before I got married, it was on the back of my mind. My closest to doing something similiar is a mission trip I took to Domincan Republic to help out with the refugees there. I went with a church group that one of my first graders (at that time) went with. His mom and I were going through some similiar things, we bonded, and I got to go with them! ( Love you L&J&E!!)

    We interacted with families when we visited their homes.

    Every day, we helped out at one of the schools. This is where the students learned, play, and ate.

    I bonded with the teachers at this little school. When I got back home I sent them a box of supplies that my room mom and I gathered for them. I bought lots of Spanish Scholastic books for their school, because they had no books! The children each had a notebook, but that was it. 

    I typically do not have a favorite in my classroom. I love them all with their individual characteristics! However this little girl touched my heart in that one week!

    The DR is a beautiful place with beautiful people!!

     
    
    Now, on to nominate other bloggers that I admire. I don't think Jenny from "Owl Things at First" would want to do another 7 things about herself, so I will choose others.

    First Grade Fun
    This blog I just discovered and I'm enjoying visiting her!

    Can Do Kinders
    Very creative!! I discovered writing around the room could be fun!

    Also very creative!!
    Another creative teacher!
    
    
    Live Love Laugh
    The hostess of Daily 5 for Kindergarten!

    
    I got to see Kim Adsit present at the beginning of the year! She is fantastic! I think of her as an out of the box teacher. She has great ideas!
    
    Another great place to visit... I love the name of her blog, especially since I am looking for ways
    to differentiate in my own classroom.

    Photobucket
    One of the first kindergarten blogs that I discovered that led me to many other wonderful sites!

    Photobucket
    I enjoy reading what she does with her children! Cute ideas!


    Bunting Books and Bainbridge
    An oldie but a goodie! I don't think she's old, but she had a website years ago that I visited. I have only started visiting blogs in fall 2011. So to see her name on a blog was a familiar face amongst many strangers in blogland.


    Smedley’s Smorgasboard of Kindergarten
    Kudos to you! We certainly need more positive male role models in our elementary schools!

    So that's 11 blogs... I could name quite a few more, but it's the weekend, and I need to have some family time! Have a wonderful Saturday!





    No comments

    Back to Top