I'm joing Five for Friday a little late! We had a reviting week of rainforest activities! Here are some highlights:
1. We heard Jan Brett's The Umbrella. Earlier this school year, I was a lucky duck and got to meet this talented lady.You can see my post about that event here. We did a few activities in retelling her story in class.
|These activities are in my rainforest unit. I drew my own pictures to retell The Umbrella when the book came out years ago.|
2. We also made some super cute toucan hats.
3. We worked with our groups and made rainforest sceneries.
4. It felt great to send home lots of our animal projects. They put many of them in their world map folders.
5. At the beginning of each month, one of my good friends, whose children go to my school, delivers a new subway art for the frame she got me at the beginning of the year. I didn't take a picture this week, but this one is from the beginning of the year. It always brings a smile on my face to get a new one to slip into the frame. I found out where she got the subway art. Click below to see the different months at eighteen25.
Here is the link to check out other Five for Fridays. I will be browsing more later there!