Monday Made It, Summer 2015!!

Happy belated July 4th! I have been meaning to blog all through June, but my friends and family have kept me distracted... which is a wonderful thing! During my free time, I also managed to create two things... one for a friend and one for me.

One of my teammates has a cute monster theme to her kindergarten classroom. I love it! Her room is a bright and cheerful place to learn in. She has created her own monster lanterns and monster pillows- adorable!! Well, I spotted her Rate Your Understanding chart, and loved how it was backed on black paper and connected with red polka dotted ribbon. In my mind, there was a slight issue, it was a superhero theme versus her cute colorful happy monster theme. So I made her one, using monster graphics. Click on one of the pictures if you would like this freebie too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ORGQbk5uVmckdJWGFsaDA0SVU/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ORGQbk5uVmckdJWGFsaDA0SVU/view?usp=sharing


Last school year, I really started having issues helping my little ones keep their word sorting activities organized. I had their sorts in a basket with their numbers on clothespins. The clothespins kept breaking apart. So, I thought about it... and remember those teacher tool boxes that everyone made a few years back. I went to Lowe's and bought one. It was in my car trunk for months! I was going to paint it black... but decided to just go with it. I plan to hang it up on my classroom wall. This should help me keep my student word sorts differentiated as well as organized!


Thanks for stopping by. To see other Monday Made Its...
http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2015/07/monday-made-it-july-6.html





5 comments

  1. I love both of those Made Its. Owls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are using the Toolbox for word sorts. I don't know why that never occured to me to use one to store my kiddos' dollars that they earn in class. Thanks for the idea!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using the toolbox for word sorts. You will have to post a follow-up with how it works!

    I grabbed the monster freebie. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little monsters are so cute! That's a great idea for keeping your word sorts organized! I love Monday Made It - we get to see so many great ideas! Thanks for sharing.
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top