Destination Vacation

I love to travel! So this linky hopefully will inspire me to discover some new place to explore. I especially love places that have seasons. Being in Florida, does not give me many opportunities to see a blustery fall day or a snowy winter white one.

http://missnelsonsgotthecamera.blogspot.com/2015/07/destination-vacation.html

It has been a while since I have been to Hendersonville, North Carolina. It is one of my favorite hidden places. My sister and her family lived there for a little while, and I stayed with them two times: once in the winter and once in the summer. Hendersonville has one main downtown street with yummy restaurants and cute shops. One restaurant in particular stood out. I don't remember its name, but the restaurant got their food locally and served seasonal deliciousness. I was surprised at the sushi place, Umi's. It is the only place I have seen soy wrapped sushi. I have been to many sushi restaurants, and this was a new concept to me. Amazing to find it in such a small town! Before my summer visit, I had never liked peaches. They were watery and mealy- yucky in my opinion. I changed my mind once I tried some at the market stands. Deliciousness!! I also discovered heirloom tomatoes. Food there just taste so magnificent! Besides yummies, there are plenty of outdoorsy things to do. My favorite was visiting Hooker Falls, a cute little waterfall swimming area. Last summer, while visiting family in Asheville, I didn't get to make it up to Hendersonville. I really want to see it in the fall and go apple picking!

Soy wrapped sushi

Heirloom tomatoes- yummy!

Hooker Falls

The second place is Washington, D.C. I have been a few times, but usually for a day trip. My hubby and I went in 2013 to see the cherry blossoms, but it was a long winter, and I almost missed it. The trees had not bloomed yet... just blossoms. :0( They have a great zoo there- I loved how the monkeys could go up their towers and travel between the two monkey homes. We walked everywhere, taking the train only to the zoo. So many free places to visit. The last full day, we happened upon 3-4 little cherry blossom trees. So pretty! Made me happy to see them! During our last night, it snowed a bit, and left an inch on the branches.

Hubby's ears were frozen... he had to wear my owl hat!

Monkeys traveling up on top across the zoo! Be careful not to stand under!

A glimpse of cherry blossoms in full bloom!


The third place is my favorite city: Seattle, Washington. I don't have any pictures to share, as they were from a while back. I went in October to see fall, and I loved it! I loved Pike's Market, the great coffee, art museums, Space Needle, etc. It was fun just walking around and discovering the city. I almost moved there because I loved it so much.

On a side note, on my bucket list there are at least 3 places new I would like to visit...
1. Macchu Picchu (better start running again, so I can be in better shape for that hike)
2. Antarctica (on a cruise and take an excursion to walk with the penguins, certainly not for the marathon that is held there!)
3. Africa (go on a safari and say I have visited all the continents!)

What about you? Where have you been that you just love to visit?



1 comment

  1. I have never been to Hendersonville, but my brother-in-law and sister-in-law have been talking about moving there from Alaska! My husband and I went on our honeymoon to Asheville in December and fell in love. It has been many years since I had been there for "summer camp". I haven't been to Washington DC since I was a child and Seattle as a teenager. We both sound really sophisticated as world travelers. lol! Thanks so much for linking up. Sign me up for Machu Piccu too!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top