Animal Groups

I am linking up with Collaboration Cuties for their Science book linky.
 
 
 
 
For the past weeks, my class and I have been learning about different animal groups. A few years  back, I ordered through Scholastic, some great Science Vocabulary Readers, to introduce animal groups to my kinderkids. I read one of these before delving into a particular animal group. My kinderkids wrote one fact and drew 2 examples in their Animal Groups book.
 
These are kept at the science center so students can use them for sorting activities or for reading.
 
Here is an example of the bird page.

Here is an example of a fish page.
 
Here are some animal pictures found in magazines
that were cut and laminated for the science center.
 
Here are the directions at the science center.
 
In small groups, we used an AIMS activity to sort animals by what group they belong to. It was not that exact lesson, but something similiar, as I have older versions of AIMS. I love using AIMS activities for math & science.
 



2 comments

  1. I love the Scholastic nonfiction books! I like that you have them in centers, too!! They love books like that, especially with those great photos!

    Thanks so much for linking up!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book I shared is about animals too! Must be that time of year :) I also have these Scholastic books and COMPLETELY FORGOT about them!! Thanks for the reminder!

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top