Mossy Tour 2012... with Jan Brett!



At my elementary school, the primary grades have used Jan Brett's books with different thematic units. In kindergarten, we have already seen her Gingerbread Baby and The Three Snow Bears. I used Gingerbread Baby with my Gingerbread unit and The Three Snow Bears with my fairy tale unit.



Her newest book is one of my favorites. It is about a turtle named Mossy. Click the above picture to read more from Jan Brett. Jan Brett has a video online to help children draw Mossy. With our Common Core standards focusing more on author and illustrator techniques, I thought it would be a fun learning experience for my kindergartners to draw Mossy. Here's the link to her tutorial: How to Draw Mossy.

During the winter, we read Jan Brett's books and I have my students draw Hedgie. I didn't realize Jan Brett had more videos on her site: Jan Brett Videos link. I will definately be sharing some more video tutorials with my students.

Congratulations to Kelly B. for winning my Alphabet Vacation packet! I emailed you the packet. I hope you like it!

In case you were wondering what the Anthropologie Kozo heels looked like, see below. They looked great on tiny little Jan Brett! I bought mine on sale last month, and they are no longer on sale at their site.



Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment

  1. Thanks so much! I got the unit and can't wait to get it ready to try with my kiddos! Thanks again!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top